Whom am I?
Since childhood, I have had the propensity to surgically dismember electronics. During my secondary school years, I had realized my endowment could develop into a career as an engineer. Having learnt to reassemble the disbanded parts, my talent flourished in the home and laboratory, much to the dismay of my family. The years of training came to fruition at the Greater Vancouver Regional Science Fair and Canada-Wide Science Fair, where I received Gold and Bronze medals.
After flying across the country to write the requisite final examinations, I received my International Baccalaureate diploma in June 2006. Succumbing to offers of the President's Entrance Scholarship and Science Entrance Scholarship, I attended the University of British Columbia.
I specialized in Electrical Engineering in the five-year Engineering Physics program, along with a Minor in Commerce. In 2009, I was one of two UBC students selected to study at University College London in the United Kingdom and awarded the One World Scholarship. After receiving my Bachelor of Applied Science degree with Distinction in May 2011, I launched my career as a professional hardware hacker.
AwardsA laundry list of what I have accumulated over the years
- Dean's Honour List ﾗ University of British Columbia, 2006ﾖ2011
- BC Hydro/APEGBC Engineering and Geoscience Scholarship ﾗ Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, 2009
- One World Scholarship ﾗ Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society, 2009
- Novicov Scholarship in Engineering ﾗ University of British Columbia, 2008
- Trek Excellence Scholarship ﾗ University of British Columbia, 2007
- President's Entrance Scholarship ﾗ University of British Columbia, 2006
- Science Entrance Scholarship ﾗ University of British Columbia, 2006
- Provincial Scholarship Program Award ﾗ British Columbia Ministry of Education, 2006
- Bronze Medal (Senior Engineering Sciences) ﾗ Canada-Wide Science Fair, 2006
- Bronze Medal (Senior Automotive Multidisciplinary) ﾗ Canada-Wide Science Fair, 2006
- Minist￨re du D￩veloppement ￩conomique, de l'Innovation et de l'Exportation Award ﾗ Minist￨re du D￩veloppement ￩conomique, de l'Innovation et de l'Exportation du Qu￩bec, 2006
- Gold Medal (Senior Engineering and Computational Sciences) ﾗ Greater Vancouver Regional Science Fair, 2006
- 98th Percentile, PhysicsBowl ﾗ American Association of Physics Teachers, 2006
- 99th Percentile, American Mathematics Contest 12 ﾗ Mathematical Association of America, 2006
- 99.7th Percentile, Fermat Mathematics Contest ﾗ Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing, 2005
- Gold Medal (Intermediate Engineering Sciences) ﾗ Greater Vancouver Regional Science Fair, 2004
- Al Appleton Worksafe Award ﾗ Workers' Compensation Board of British Columbia, 2004
- Simon Fraser University Science and Engineering Research Canada Award ﾗ Greater Vancouver Regional Science Fair, 2004
- 99.7th Percentile, Cayley Mathematics Contest ﾗ Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing, 2004